I told you I was done playing it safe and small. I told you I was ready to create something. Well here it is: after months of visioning, researching, and dreaming, it’s time to let you in on my next BIG thing.
After hearing myself go on and on about ‘holding space’ and ‘creating safe space,’ I’ve decided to create a real, physical, bricks and mortar space that reflects the values I hold dear. I want to unite the ecosystem of working women so that we can all become more resilient and radiant.
I am going to start a coworking space designed from a feminine paradigm that values self-care, sisterhood, holistic wellbeing and showing up authentically in our working lives.
It will be an environment where working women thrive – personally and professionally.
The SheCoSystem, as I’ve named my evolving project, is modeled on my core belief that just like everything in our natural ecosystem, working women thrive on interconnectedness. The more we come together, collaborate, share, and learn from each other, the more resilient we become as individuals, businesses, and as a community of working women. SheCoSystem will facilitate this connectedness by providing a collaborative, engaging, accessible and supportive workspace for the mobile workforce. It will be a hub for our city’s existing women’s networks and a purpose-built home for women’s events.
So that’s the plan. But it doesn’t start with bricks and mortar; it starts with community. That’s why I’ve joined forces with Women in Biz Network to host weekly events:
Coworking, Wellness & Mentorship Meetups
Join us every Tuesday morning from 10-12 in Studio 106 at Artscape Youngplace on Shaw Street.
We have our own private, light filled room with fast wifi and strong coffee. Every week a group of women meet up to cowork and engage in self-care. After a quick check-in, we get down to business – each woman focussing on her own projects, occasionally turning to the group (or to our in-house professional mentor) with a question, an insight or a helpful resource to share. Then we take a purposeful break to dance, stretch, meditate, or learn together.
Pay as you go: $8 WIBN Members/ $12 Non-members
Monthly pass: $30 WIBN members/$36 non-members
Join us to create a new coworking space and community hub for women in Toronto. This is your opportunity to be a part of a the conversation and help us shape the space to suit your needs and values. Join us to become a founding member of a vital new community, investing not only in your own business but in the future of women’s work in Toronto.
You are a part of the SheCoSystem if:
- You are a woman who wants a workplace where you can show up in an emotionally authentic way without feeling fear or shame
- You value holistic self-care and recognize that your business will thrive only if you take care of your physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing
- You want a purpose-designed home to host your workshop, meetup group, club, or event
- You are a wellness practitioner looking for a space to offer your services
- You are looking for a safe and all-embracing space where you can take risks and work in integrity
- You believe that growth can arise from serendipitous connections
- You are passionate about lifelong learning and personal development
- You love to collaborate and share your success – and vulnerability – with like-minded others
- You want to prove to the mainstream business world that the full expression of the feminine is a viable and sustainable way to work
Want to know more? Contact me and I’d be happy to tell you more about the vision – or just show up next Tuesday to help co-create the SheCoSystem to suit your needs.
Psst – Here’s a peek at our space and the wellness portion of last week’s Coworking & Wellness meetup!
One thought on “ARE YOU PART OF A THRIVING SHECOSYSTEM?”
SheCoSystem! Brilliant and so creative!